Gas Safety Certificate

A Landlord’s Gas Safety Certificate Is A Legal Requirement

Did you know, it is illegal for a landlord to rent out their property without a gas safety certificate?

You can also check our landlord cover plans.

Gas Safety Certificate Includes

  • Your gas appliances will be checked for gas tightness.
  • If test points are available, standing and working pressure will be tested.
  • Your Gas Safe engineer will check burner pressure and gas rate against the manufacturers data plate.
  • All flame failure devices will be checked for satisfactory operation.
  • Flue flow will be tested to make sure products of combustion are removed.
  • Checks will be carried out for the provision of all necessary ventilation.
  • Investigations for any evidence of unsafe operation will be made and reported.
  • Where appropriate checks will be made for physical stability, presence and effectiveness of stability brackets.
  • Without completing all of the above checks an appliance cannot be issued a Gas Safety Certificate.

Gas Safety Certificate


  • CP12 Certificate
  • Carbon Monoxide Test
  • Nationwide Coverage
  • All Week Appointments
  • Email Certificate

Friendly, helpful and fully qualified engineers.

All our boiler engineers are Gas safe registered (formerly Corgi) ensuring all boiler repairs are carried out to the highest standards.

Help 24 hours a day 365 days a year - No matter what time of day, our engineers are on hand to ensure your emergency is taken care of.

Obligations Of A Landlord


By law, under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998.

  • It is your responsibility to get a Gas Safety Certificate every twelve months.
  • You must get this from a Gas Safe Registered engineer for all pipe work, gas appliances and flues installed at your property.
  • If you use an agent to manage your property, you need to make sure your contract clearly states in black and white whose responsibility it is to carry out maintenance on gas appliances.
  • You must also keep copies of all the paperwork. You’ll need to keep a record of the safety inspection for two years, and give a copy to all of your tenants within 28 days of the inspection.
  • If your tenants change, they’ll need a copy of the Gas Safety Certificate before they move in. If your contract says the agent is responsible, then the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 are passed on to them.